Yoga balls, also known as exercise balls, are an excellent piece of kit to add to your yoga routines. These yoga balls will allow you to complete a wider range of yoga exercises.
Additionally, they boast a range of benefits, including that they can enhance balance and strengthen your core.
Though these yoga balls are beneficial, they can also be rather unruly. If you invest in a large yoga ball, you may find it difficult to store, as it can take up considerable space. In these cases, you may want to deflate your yoga ball.
In this guide, we will teach you to easily deflate your yoga ball.
Instructions For Deflating A Yoga Ball
If you want to deflate your yoga ball, there are a few different methods that you can try. Namely, you can attempt the following techniques:
This first method is perhaps the easiest. You won’t need any special equipment to follow these simple steps.
- Put the yoga ball on the ground. Search for the valve, which will be a small disc found somewhere on the ball. The valve stem is the tube that covers the inflation hole, thus keeping all of the air in the ball.
- Once you have located the valve, remove it from the hole. Consequently, it will begin to deflate. Be careful when removing this valve, as you don’t want to break it. Doing so would mean that you will be unable to re-inflate the ball. Try to put your fingernail underneath the valve to take it out. Alternatively, you can use a blunt butter knife.
- To speed up the process, add pressure to the yoga ball. You can either apply the pressure yourself by squeezing the ball or you can place a heavy object on the ball. Alternatively, you can just leave the ball to deflate by itself. Though this can take a long time.
- Once the ball has finished deflating, be sure to roll it up so that it’s ready for storage. Ensure that you put the valve back into its hole once it has been deflated so that you don’t accidentally lose it.
Alternatively, you can use a plug remover to deflate this ball. A plug remover is a handy plastic tool forged with two prongs.
The purpose of this tool is to make the removal of a valve super straightforward. To use a plug remover to deflate your yoga ball, all you have to do is:
- With the yoga ball on the floor, find the valve. Gently place the remover so that the prongs are covering the valve. This usually requires a steady hand.
- Ensure that the plug remover is firmly attached to the valve. Then, squeeze the remover and carefully start to wriggle the valve so that it begins to be pulled out of its hole.
- Once the valve has been taken out, you simply need to wait for the air to leave the ball. To make this deletion process faster, you can add something heavy to the ball. After the ball has been fully deflated, it can then be rolled up.
Another method that you can utilize will involve the use of an air pump. Though this tool is primarily used to inflate a ball, it can also be used to do the very opposite. Namely, you can deflate a yoga ball through these steps:
- Place the tip of the pump so that it is in the inflation hole of the ball.
- The pump will start to automatically release the air from the ball.
- Wait for the pump to finish its job and fully deflate your yoga ball.
- Store the ball by rolling it up. Try to store it at room temperature whilst also avoiding leaving the ball in direct sunlight.
Tips For Inflating A Yoga Ball
Now that you know a little more about deflating your yoga ball, you may be wondering how you can inflate it. These top instructions will help you to inflate your yoga ball:
- Firmly place the tip of a pump into the inflation hole.
- Begin inflating the ball by pulling and pushing the level of the pump up and down. Continue to repeat this step multiple times until the ball has been filled roughly 80%. This will help you to prevent overinflation.
- Remove the pump from the inflation hole and put the valve in place. Leave the ball to sit overnight to increase its stability.
- Once twenty-four hours have passed, you can pump the yoga ball to its entire diameter. Remember to avoid over-inflation. To do so, it can be worth measuring the ball to ensure that you do not push it beyond the recommended diameter.
- After the ball has been entirely pumped up, take out the pump and return the valve to its place. To do so, simply push the valve into the inflation hole.
- You can now start using the ball for whatever yoga exercises you desire.
Though it will require plenty of hard work to inflate and deflate your yoga ball every time that you want to use it, this can nonetheless be worthwhile for people who want to save space.
By following our instructions, you can make the deflation process much simpler.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, even strong yoga balls can burst. This will commonly happen if you improperly use the yoga ball. Moreover, it may occur if you have overinflated the ball or put too much pressure on top of it. In addition, the yoga ball will burst if it has been punctured.
This is entirely up to you. This may be necessary if you have limited storage space in your home, as yoga balls can be rather large. However, if you have sufficient space for your yoga ball, this will not be necessary.
Yes, balls will typically lose air over time. As a consequence, you will need to regularly re-inflate the ball. This way, you can ensure that your yoga ball is stable and performs properly.