People associate yoga with bare feet, but this is not always the case. In fact, a lot of people prefer to do yoga with rubber socks on instead.
But how does this help? Well, they keep your feet comfortable, they help to get rid of moisture and odors and they keep your feet firm to the mat.
They are also very stylish, coming in a wide range of colors and designs, whether they stop at the ankle, or you go all the way up the shin.
They are also made from different materials, from stretchy spandex to comfortable and absorbent cotton and nylon.
So, what are you looking for in a decent yoga sock? What features do they need to have? How long should a good pair of yoga socks last?
Well, we have the answers to all those questions and then some, with our list of amazing yoga socks that you can buy today!
6 Fantastic Yoga Socks To Use For Each Session
1. Dibaolong Athletic Short Cotton Socks
This brand of socks stops at the ankle, which is great if you want that extra freedom to maneuver and you don’t like sweating around the ankle. If you are doing yoga without a mat on surfaces like tile or polished wood, then these have rubber stoppers to keep you rooted to the floor.
These socks are ‘keep dry’ in that they won’t allow any moisture to build up around the ankle. These have very comfortable stitching, so they won’t wear away the delicate foot skin.
These socks are unisex and can be worn by both men and women.
- Prevents injury – this will help to keep you secure on the floor.
- Non-slip – this is great if you are wearing it on tiled or polished flooring.
- Multiple uses – this can be used for yoga, dancing, Pilates, or jogging.
- Cotton – This is a very soft material that will not chafe the ankle.
- Too short – this might be too short for people who want full ankle coverage.
2. Ozaiic Yoga Socks For Women
These next socks might look slightly odd to you, but that’s because they are designed with intensive activity in mind. They have straps around the ankle that will deliver support while also giving you the freedom to move.
These are very affordable socks too, you could buy a few packs for a couple of dollars. They also come in a wide range of colors, so you can get a pair that suits your personality.
They help to manage dirt, sweat, and odors that build up around the feet.
- Anti-skid – these will help you to stay secure on the floor when you are doing intensive activity.
- Multi-use – you can use these for ballet, running, weight training, or yoga.
- Low profile – these socks will integrate seamlessly with your yoga wear.
- Anti-sweat – this is made from material that will absorb lots of excess moisture.
- Not durable – some people have complained that their ankle straps have snapped after a certain period of use.
3. Ozaiic Non-Slip Grip Socks
These socks are more traditional when it comes to length, with a resilient design made with the best quality material. They have dots on the bottom that are anti-skid, which is great if you are working on a slippery surface.
These are great if you want to move from beginner to intermediate or intermediate to expert, as they will help you to maintain a surer footing. You get 3 socks in a pack, which is perfect if you are doing yoga a few times a week.
- Plenty of colors – these socks come in plenty of different shades, so you can pick one for your unique personality.
- Stretchy – these socks have stretch but also support, which is ideal for yoga.
- Silicone grips – they have tacks on the bottom which will help keep your feet glued to the floor.
- Multi-purpose – you can use this for yoga, gym training, running, or even exercises during pregnancy or rehabilitation.
- Too thin – some wearers have claimed that these socks are too thin and don’t keep their feet warm.
4. LA ACTIVE Grip Socks
This next pair of socks are made from 80% cotton, 17% polyester, and 3% spandex, so you can be sure of a very stretchy and comfortable fit.
These have individual toe sleeves in them, which you have a lot more wriggle room and can establish a firmer footing.
These socks have been described as environmentally friendly, meaning that they are made sustainably out of eco-friendly materials.
You’ll be able to feel the difference of this sock against the delicate skin around your feet. No matter how much you sweat, this will not chafe.
- Pull on – these socks are very easy to get on and off, which is what you want during a hard training session.
- Unisex – these can be worn by both men and women.
- Support and cushioning – these are the 2 primary things that will elevate your yoga practice to the next level.
- Sweat absorption – this will help to keep your feet nice and dry.
- Too thick – some wearers have claimed that these socks are too thick, and their feet get too hot.
5. Rative Anti-Slip Socks
These socks are made from a blend of cotton and spandex, so they’ll be very flexible and extremely soft against your skin.
These socks can be worn by adults and children, so if you like taking your family to yoga, then you can buy a pack for each person.
These socks are ankle-length and have grips on the undersoles, so you won’t even know that you have them on. They are great for use with tile and polished wood, meaning that you won’t slip and succumb to injury.
- Maintains balance – these have rubber stoppers on the bottom that will help you keep upright.
- Arch support – this comes with a superior lift on the arch, ideal for ballet or yoga.
- Machine washable – this can be washed numerous times in the machine, and they will not get warped.
- Cotton and spandex – these materials create a smooth and seamless fit.
- Some people have complained that the sizes are misleading.
6. YogiSocks Store Non Slip Skid Socks
When it comes to having a super cool style, then these socks are like no other. Not only are they comfortable and help you to keep you stuck to the floor, but they are also colorful and come with a range of eye-catching patterns and materials.
This will stop you from slipping on a stone floor and will help you to practice the more complex yoga moves without falling over.
They are designed to absorb a lot of sweat, which is great when you are training or doing intensive activities.
- Great design – these are wonderful for children, teenagers, or adults who just want to have fun.
- Absorb moisture – if you want to reduce the amount of sweat between your toes, try these socks.
- Helps prevent injury – these socks will keep you secure on the floor.
- Multi-use – you can use these for gym training, Pilates, or yoga.
- Might be a little too bright for some serious yoga and gym enthusiasts.
When you are looking for a pair of yoga socks, then you’ll want to make sure that they are both comfortable and supportive, as these are the 2 main attributes you need for your socks. Here are a few things you should be looking for:
Are They Breathable?
Your feet are the first place to get sweaty, especially when you’re doing yoga, so it will be important to reduce the levels of moisture that build up in this area.
This is why having socks made from a thinner, lighter material will really help.
Are They Durable?
If you are an avid yoga enthusiast, then you will probably be wearing your socks every single day. This is why it is important that they can withstand lots of stretching, moisture, and scuffing from the floor.
How Much Do They Cost?
Again, if you are a keen yoga practitioner, then you’ll probably want socks that aren’t too expensive, as you’ll be buying a lot of them.
If you are also buying for more than one person, then you’ll want to keep the price low without sacrificing the quality of the sock.
Hopefully, our guide to the best yoga socks has helped you decide which one will be the best for your needs.
As you can see, there are lots of different types, some ankle-length, some with ankle straps, and some with more rubber stoppers on the bottom than others.
Frequently Asked Questions
You might have a medical condition such as athlete’s foot that you might not want to spread to other members of your group.